You get a miniature update today. Things to keep an eye out for this week are:
- House tax bill markup begins today. They have 17 days, including weekends, to finish this bill and get a vote before Thanksgiving. The bill is likely to change a lot between now and then. I'll try to keep an eye out for those bigger changes.
- Manafort and Gates are back in court today. They will both seek to get off of house arrest today.
- This Ross story that Monica shared with us last night is still evolving. NPR said this morning that both Rex Tillerson and Gary Cohn were also mentioned in the papers.
- Rand Paul was attacked at his home on Friday. Initially, the news made it sound like nbd, but we're hearing now that he's got several broken ribs, a punctured lung, and it's uncertain when he'll be back in the Senate. See here.
- The Senate will be confirming more DOJ nominees this week.
- Kirstjen Nielsen gets her confirmation hearing this week to replace Gen. Kelly as Secretary of Homeland Security. She'll be in front of Committee on Wednesday at 10am.
- The VA elections are tomorrow. This gubernatorial race will have national implications, and it's certainly been a dirty one. I cannot WAIT to stop seeing the TV ads. Virginians: go out and vote Ralph Northam tomorrow. Those of you living outside Virginia can help with phone banking here.
I'll send a better update tomorrow!